Wednesday 5 August 2015

White spots on my cucumber leaves

A couple of days ago I noticed that there were white spots all over my cucumber leaves. After a bit of googling I came to the conclusion that this was powdery mildew. I also came to the conclusion that I need to get rid of it before it spread to the other cucurbits. I didn't have time to get an organic solution (neem oil, now ordered from Amazon, the stuff sounds amazing, it also kills pests), I decided just to take the leaves off and put them in the green waste bin so the mildew won't infect my compost.
I took this many leaves off and it looks pretty bare there now. I also took the four full-sized cucumbers off the plants so that they didn't sap any more of the plants' energy.
It does, however, reveal what a lot of squashes I have growing and how huge my huge courgette has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment