Sunday 21 May 2017

Flowers in the herb garden in May

It's May, the sun is shining (finally, after buckets of rain) and my herbs are flowering in a variety of purples. This includes a herb I didn't realise could flower: sage. It's gone through an interesting set of stages, where I wrongly assumed that the beige, papery middle stage meant the flower had died already,  and I wasn't expecting the final flower to be purple.





The thyme is also flowering.
In fact it's covered in flowers.
And the chives are going for it too.


 The parsley is also clearly having a think about flowering, but it's not got there yet. Also, I think it's likely to prove an exception to my purple herb flowers and come out in white.
Sadly, flowering doesn't do good things for the flavour or toughness of herbs, but at least the bees are loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment