Tuesday 19 December 2017

Carrot, celery and fenugreek soup

I made this based on what I had in my fridge, my garden and my cupboards and it turned out lovely, so I thought I'd put in on my blog. This is vegan if made with a vegan stock cube. I think it would probably also be pretty good without liquidising.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion
most of a pack of celery (I used 4 sticks for something else)
1 tsp ground fenugreek
8 large carrots
1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
salt and pepper to taste
boiling water

1. Put the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
2. Peel and chop the onion (fairly fine), then add to the pan and stir.
3. Chop the celery, discarding any tough ends and any leaves.
4. Add the celery to the pan. Add the fenugreek to the pan. Stir.
5. Peel and chop the carrots. Add to the pan.
6. Add the stock cube and salt and pepper to taste. Stir, then add enough boiling water to just cover.
7. Simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Leave to cool until cool enough for your blender, then liquidise until smooth.
9. If necessary, reheat to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment