Monday 28 May 2018

Peak pond

The pond has reached peak prettiness for the year. The foxgloves I planted all round it last year are in flower. So are the buttercups that I didn't so much plant as decide not to remove. On the other side of the pond, honesty is on its way to forming the seed heads I grew it for.

The only slight problem is, I grew tall plants around both sides of the pond, so now you can't tell there's a pond there at all until you get right up to it.
Next year, I will stick to low-growing plants in front of the pond. In particular, I will probably try and move my maidenhair fern to in front of it. The Internet says that maidenhair ferns don't like to be move, but, in hindsight, I put it in the wrong place (it's at the back currently hidden under foxgloves), so I will have to cross my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment