Monday 14 July 2014

First radish

Today I picked and ate my garden's first radish.
It was largely watery on first bite, but nice and peppery on the after-taste. I've now also planted another row of radishes (slightly naughtily between two existing correctly spaced rows of veg), so my second crop can get started.

I looked on the seed packet today to try and work out if they were supposed to be ready yet and discovered I'd bought a mixture of varieties, but it didn't say when any of them would be ready. Fortunately I spotted the radish in the picture poking through the dirt, so realised it was ready. Unfortunately I may have killed some of the other radishes first by disturbing the earth around them to see if the roots were big enough to eat yet (they weren't).

It's a little bit sad that all this effort producing my first row of radishes (I've been watering every day it hasn't rained) is probably only going to produce abut 60p worth of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment