Sunday 19 July 2015

Cucurbits or triffids?

Cucurbits have taken over the garden. They've now escaped their allocated area (where they were given all the room the packet said they needed) and have spread over the path and onto the grass. I've noticed that they've also pretty consistently spread towards the centre of the garden, where there's more sunlight compared to the shadier area by the fence, so I'll take that into account in next year's planting.
25 July 2015
19 July 2015
11 July 2015
28 June 2015
16 June 2015
I also notice that my peas are now more yellow than green - next year I will leave more space between each plant in case that's the problem, but it could also simply be their natural growth cycle. Either way, I think more space would be a good thing, they seemed quite crammed in. My runner beans, on the other hand, are more than happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment