Sunday 17 April 2016

First radishes of the season

I got my first radishes of the season already.
This photo makes them look huge. That's due to a deceptively close-up shot though. The bigger one was only about a centimetre across. Still, the point is I managed to get my first harvest in the first half of April, albeit not of enough food to replace the calories for even half a sit-up, but let's not dwell on the negative.
I have now replanted the gaps in my radish seedlings and also planted a new line where I lost the seedlings from my remaining kohl rabi seeds to slugs. Given the poor quality of last year's kohl rabi crop (generally small and/or tough and woody), I'm choosing not to buy any more kohl rabi seeds this year and am allocating the space to radishes instead. My kohl rabi will have to come from the supermarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment