Saturday 27 February 2016

Laura's Spanish chicken

I got one portion from all the purple sprouting broccoli I grew - yes, that's right, just one! I ate it with my own recipe, Laura's Spanish chicken, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to put the recipe in my blog. It's a really quick and simple recipe that tastes really good (and is unusual in that it is completely without onions and garlic, so very handy for anyone who doesn't like or can't eat them). Anyhow, here it is:
Prep time: about 10-15 minutes. Cooking time: 30-45 minutes.

375 g diced chicken (large chunks)
8 rashers smoked streaky bacon
1 tbsp olive oil
3 peppers (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp rosemary
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 chicken stock cube

1. Chop/cut the bacon into approximately 1 cm bits.
2. Put diced chicken and chopped bacon into a large pan or casserole dish.
3. While browning the meat, chop peppers into 2 or 3 cm x 1 cm slices.
4. Add peppers to pan, stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Add cayenne pepper, thyme and rosemary and stir.
6. Add tin of tomatoes and a bit of extra water.
7. Add white wine vinegar and chicken stock cube and stir.
8. Simmer for 30-45 minutes.

Serve with mashed potato or couscous. Home-grown purple sprouting broccoli optional :)

No comments:

Post a Comment